Planning for Italy; Milano, Civitavecchia

 Hi!
As I have written before, I´m visiting Italy in a few days. The trip starts on 21st June, with our departure from Brno, and next day, we will arrive to Milano. At least I hope so, I´m kinda sick, so i hope I will be able to aleep that off in a few days :).

For Milano, we have only one day. This means that we won´t have time for too many galleries and museums, and as this is a budget-friendly trip, we won´t even see Last Supper. 
But that doesn´t mean we won´t do anything interesting. 
By 9:10 am, we will get off our bus. We will start with Il Duomo, because come on, all of us are suckers for gothic architecture, and then we will visit Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. 


Named after the first king of united Italy, this place combines dream-like architecture (neorenesaince) with shopping. Many well know brands, such as Prada and Gucci have a shop here. After all, isn´t Milano know as a fashion capital? Or at least, one of them. 
To continue on a fashion wave, we will also visit Pallazo Morando. It´s a palace from 17th century that used to be home for noble (and rich) families, but now hides a costume and fashion museum. Out of all museums, I´m looking forward to this one most.

As some of you might know, there is also restaurant Bar Luce in this awesome city. It was designed by Wes Anderson, my favorite director that is still alive. (Otherwise, it would probably be Miloš Forman.)
It´s not in the historical centre, but in more modern district, next to the gallery of contemporary art. I don´t think  my friend are too keen to go such a way just to have one tiramisu in a nice exterior, but I´m the leader, so we will visit this place :).

After that, we will probably go to East Market or Brera. It´s not much, but for the first day of our adventure, I don´t think we should have some crazy itinerary. After all, we are departing for Rome at 22:00, and we won´t probably get too much sleep in the overnight bus. 

By 6:10 we should be in Rome, but I´m not sure about our itinerary for that, so I will jump straight to Civitavecchia. This town, (the name means literally Old Town), is quite ancient, as it was proven that even old Etruscs used to live in this area. Later, ancient Romans had a Port here. 
We will get there on 25th June, and there is one reason why we chose this destination. 
Ida wanted a day on the beach and this looked cute. We will spend a night here, before continuing to Naples. 

Civitavecchia has its´ fair share of interesting monuments and sights, and after a day spent next to see, I hope we will go to Port for a walk. It´s near Fortezza Michelangelo, a fort from the 16th century build to prevent from pirate invasions, so we will probably visit that too. 
Hopefully, it won´t be too hot by night. I´m a creature of dark and lower temperatures :).


This is everything for now. I still haven´t planned out Rome and Naples as much as I would like to, so wish me luck :). Hopefully, I will be able to write about our plans before the trip :D. 
Bye!

Comments

Post a Comment