Lazy Days

 Hi! |ʘ‿ʘ)╯

I don´t want my face to be the first you will see, so here is a cute divider.

Right now, we are having a spring break. All the regions have different dates for it, and sincemy hometown friends are in school and my school friends are too far, I have nothing social to do. 
Hapilly, I can crochet, watch movies and videos and read. So far, I have crocheted two hats, one is the roaring 20s inspired cloche in navy, and the other, well...


... definitelly more of a rawring 20s. I rewatched Scott Pilgrim after few years, what did you expect? I´m starting to feel nostalgic for late 00s/early 10s, which makes sense, as I was kid back then. That´s why I have finally seen 500 Days of Summer. Again, great movie. 
I think The Graduate, Scott Pilgrim and 500 Days all fall into movies about love, more than romantic ones, which is really appealing to me. And also scary, but you didn´t click on this article to read about my messed love life :D.

I also made some collages with outfits based on films, which probably shows how bored I became. At least I had fun with posing and editing, I think I don´t look too bad on those photos, which is a ego boost :D.

Alice in Wonderland

I don´t have nostalgic memories of Tim Burton´s films, as I watched something else as a kid, but I have eyes so I can see that they look good. What started as your typical Sickly Pale Goth Burton Character became Queen of Hearts, so I rolled with it. 
I have too few stripes and too much tartan. That´s why I layered my stockings, but I really wish I had a stripey pair instead.


The Crow

If you have ever considered yourself darkly inclined, you have probably met this iconic revenger. Or even if you haven´t, it´s a pretty popular flick. And it´s fun, I really like the soundtrack.
Funny thing is, with my wardrobe I could have 
basically made a cosplay, but that would be too easy. That´s why I ended up with so many layers. A black top and miniskirt, with a mesh overdress between them wasn´t enough, harness still didn´t give it the vibe, so I threw my faux leather coat over it. Needless to say, I felt like a shrimp on the oiled pan, and yet cool at the same time.


Babybat cringe personified


Withnail and I

This is a sweater movie for me, just like Harry Potter. It makes me want to put on that old sweater from my grandma, make some tea and then watch as some British guys do weird stuff. The narrator and main character wears a really cool leather coat, and both he and his "roommate" Withnail as dressed as your 1960s unemployed intellectuals, so I wanted to emulate that. After all, I can´t find myself a job either. The movie color palette is mainly brown, just like the majority of 80s films, along with some brighter colours, but I took artistic liberty and focused on orange instead. Even my glasses have orange in the elements, so I could finally use them :D.



Clockwork Orange

I went to theatre version few months ago and I knew that I had to pimp up. It´s one of my favorite novels, but I honestly prefer movie costumes to the ones described in the book.
By the end of the night, I was freezing, because this outfit isn´t appropriate for peak of the winter, but I felt fabulous and ready for some good ol´ ultraviolence. I wish I used some fake leather combat boots instead, so it could match the bucket hat and harness.  


I would wear most of those fits, if I already haven´t, so you can picture my style out of lolita :D. I like layering and I consider myself darkly inclined, but not really a goth. For that, I´m not deeply enough in love with the music, even if I like it. 
Also, have you noticed how red hair goes with everything? :D That´s why I can wear this colour for month and not get bored, unlike orange, green, pink... etc

Oh, and if you are still here, yes, my art finals went all Costa Rica, but I passed. Yay.

Bye! See you next time!

Comments

Post a Comment