Lolita Resolution of 2023

Merry Friday to all of you, we are having a day-off at all schools in this country, so I feel extra relaxed and happy. Or I would, if it weren´t for constant checking of my e-mail. I swear, I don´t always think or speak about whenever I got into the college, but when I do, it makes me tiny bit nervous :D. 

I am still working on my wardrobe post, as I just ordered a few new pieces that I would like to mention. Otherwise, I did not buy a lot of exciting new clothing, just one of each main piece, a JSK, a skirt and an OP. I also sold my Velveteen Frill JSK from Meta, as it was too hard to maintain and I couldn´t come up with many occasions to justify it´s price.
On the other hand, I was lucky with smaller pieces, such as cardigans, shoes, accessories, and mainly OTKs and stockings. Lolita can never have too many. 
I also finally have bloomers, it really feels different with them :D. 
This year was mainly for discovering how I wanted to wear lolita. Not only in means of aesthetics but also practicalities. By the start of the year, I have mostly casual coords, with one OTT piece that I usually dress down a lot :D. 
What am I going to do this year?

1. Actually take photos.
2. Wear it outside of school more
3. Get cream shoes
4. Buy one red blouse, and one black with short sleeves
5. Wear lolita at least twice a month

As you can see, nothing too hard :D. When I dress up, it´s usually for school and I don´t take any photos. Outside, I wore my beloves frills only twice, and while I do have photos from both occasions, I still think I should document my coords better. 
Sadly, I never know what expression to make, so I go with something deliberately dorky. I think it´s time to learn how to pose and to accept that while I don´t look good in photos, I should at least try :).

For cream shoes, I want to make all cream, maybe white x cream, coord. Yes, it´s partly because of the Angelically Sweet article from miss Caro-Chan, but also because I just love the color :D. I prefer it over white, and I´m planning to do a 20s-inspired outfit in the same pallet. It´s been my dream since I thrifted an amazing cloche with a beige satin ribbon. I have everything, except a dress/skirt and shoes, and since I know how hard it is to find the perfect main piece, I will focus more on the right boots.

At this moment, there are three white (two with short sleeves), one black (with long sleeves) and two cream (one of each) blouses in my wardrobe. With bigger diversity, dressing up would be more fun :).

And for the last one, I want to be realistic. There were a few weeks where I wore lolita every Friday, but there are also months where I don´t feel like coming up with a coord. As for last month, I wore lolita only once, (to school and without any photos :D), which is not enough. 
I feel cute, more confident and people compliment me more when I am dressed in frills, so of course I will try to wear it more. 
(Also, it´s the only way to justify the cost of my slowly growing wardrobe :D.)

Have a nice day!

Me on my way to look nice :)

Comments

  1. Those are lovely resolutions! Documenting our coords is hard when we don't know how to pose or what to do with our faces XD
    I hope you can get your desired cream shoes and cute blouses! These are items that are gonna help a lot in creating new looks with the pretty things you already own ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can´t agree enough, it´s even harder than building a wardrobe :D. Hopefully, you will succeed with your resolutions, too! (つ✧ω✧)

      Delete

Post a Comment