Few Neat Releases

 I follow this page on Facebook named Lolita Updates. It does make me feel old, but honestly, there´s no better way of watching newest lolita releases. Currently there are a few that caught my attention. I know I haven´t posted in a time, but more of that later :D.

Rossignol and Encadreur d'Aphrodite
(Juliette et Justine)



In my mind, those two are interchangeble. Not because they are similar, only in cut and overall feel, but because I had hard time trying to work out which is which. The angelic cream/white one is Encadreur d'Aphrodite.
They both look very classic, in a "going to opera" way. I also like the luxurious feel, they remind me of L'Esprit de la Noblesse. Even if they reflect modern EGL trends, you can easily spot their old school inspiration. I think this is lolita at its finest. On the other hand, there´s seemingly no other cut, which can be kind of turn-off for some people. Also, even if I love it, white/cream/off-white mixes can look a bit messy and are generally harder to coordinate. Rossignol also comes of as a bit busy, combining tartan, print, and overskirt with an empire waist. At least, all decoration si frontal so it´s not all over.

Lacy Prima OP 
(Angelic Pretty)


Seems like AP loves a lot of pink with a bit of black. I usually don´t, it´s just not my thing, but this OP just looks so comfy. I would sleep in it, and then go to a party, and basically live if it if I ever got my hands on this piece. 
I like the fact you can dress it up or down. I basically can´t think of any bad styling of this thing. So, yeah. Nothing constructive here, just simping.

Wish Upon a Star A line coat
(Metamorphose)


Please, look me at the eye and say that this doesn´t remind you of the Help era Beatles. I think it´s inspired by the 60s fashion, with it´s swinging A-line silhouette and Bell sleeves.
This beauty comes in four colours and I have a hard time choosing between dark green and off-white, but all of them look stunning. On the other hand, it´s probably not very practial. even if it´s hot and cute and fuzzy, it probably looks good only under certain circumstances and with certain outfits. Would I throw it together with a pair of jeans or long velveteen skirt?
Hell no, but I love the idea of wither in this coat, so maybe one day...


Last week was stressful. Our class had ribbon party (Stužkovák, meaning that we are officially having graduation exams this year), for which I helped with catering and decoration, so I had to work on that. And also my costume - we had Art History theme, so I was Rembrandt :D. Viv even painted me a moustache to look like him. 
It was great, even teachers looked like they had fun. I got to play table soccer with my fav professor and talked to a few others. After that, I slept at Maki´s house. Her boyfriend took us to the top of one little hill with a great view over Ostrava. I was cold, but also happy.
Next day, only few of us showed at school, and all of our teachers seemed surprised :D.
That night was another Final Dance, so I took Maki and her bf Matej, and even they enjoyed it. I met my cousin unexpectedly here, which was great. He works far away, so we don´t see each other that often now.
I waited while Maki ordered her beer (I never buy my drinks, I just sip from others) and one boy blurted: "Hey, wanna go to the restroom with me?" He was drunk and confused and it sounded very funny, so I tell that as a little anecdote. I also met my other friends here, so somehow I ended up in a club I swore I won´t visit.
It was free opening night, and I wanted to go here with Petra and my sister, but P. got sick. Well and here I was, messaging her and feeling a little bit like a traitor. She wanted some videos, but I was unable to do it, so I told a friend. Those videos weren´t great, but at least, she could see me in my awesome gown.
I got home after 2am, as one friend insisted I can´t walk home alone. Looking back, he was right and I should be grateful. Later that day was the lolita Christmas meet-up. Yeah, it was fun :D. II talked to other lolitas, I think I even managed to make two friends. Happily, I didn´t have a hangover, I was just a bit tired. 
My train back home was like 90 minutes late, which is sadly rather common here. You just don´t expect to get anywhere in time. 

Me as pocket-Rembrandt, with my friends behind me


I´m going to the theatre version of Clockwork Orange tomorrow. I like that book and film, so I expect to be quite happy about it. I have to go to another party this Friday, and the next day too. 
Oh, and I just found out that my admission tests will contain math. I didn´t have that subject for 2 years, so I am probably going to sleep less in order to have both social life and a future. 
Being the extrovert I am, two weeks of going nowhere would probably kill me :D. 
So bye for now.

Comments

  1. The JetJ dress is absolutely gorgeous! I love tartan <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had choose only one print for the rest of my life, tartan si clear winner :D

      Delete

Post a Comment