An Another Angelus

Some days I wish I could wear lolita every day, but others I look towards less... eccentric clothing. Something that doesn´t take so much space, doesn´t look so out of space, yet can still be worn with my beloved frills any other time. The world I am looking for is Otome, and namely Japanese brand An Another Angelus. 
I found out about them through Vinted, one dress I bought was made by them. It was an awesome loli-able jumperskirt in green tartan.


As of now, I don´t have a better picture of it (this one is by the seller), but I will wear it to the Christmas Teaparty I am attending next week. It will be my first bigger event. It´s made out of plushy wool, making it very comfortable. I was told several times it makes me look like a Christmas Fairy or Victorian lady, both being nice vibes :D. 

Because of this pleasant experience, I looked into the brand little more. While they don´t cater to lolitas, their vintage, romantic style can easily blend into every wardrobe. And honestly, I feel like at least for Autumn and Christmas, everyone should have at least one piece like theirs in their wardrobe, regardless of style. Most of their products look nostalgic and cozy.

From their Twitter

They release a new collection every season, with looks inspired by various decades of the 20th and late 19th century, those pieces being mostly solids, tartans or plaid. Sometimes, there is print, too, usually all over. I think my dress is the only one with a border print I saw.
They won´t let you freeze in winter, since they sell many coats, sweaters and even furry cuffs. Their latest collection is named Kaite, with theme of British holiday. 

The theme is "British holiday"
. Kaite's winter wardrobe will be developed in a busy British town during the holiday season.
You can enjoy shopping at a long-established department store with retro packages, or prepare for presents... ♪
Don't miss the season's key colors such as British green, gold, and red.
(Webpage)

But they aren´t afraid of experimenting - right now, for example, they carry denim jumper skirt. Flowy, long and in two colors - indigo and orange.

From their web

They are one of the brands that writes models height under every photo. It´s very helpful, especially if you are of an unusual height like me. I hate having to shorten everything I buy, mostly when I think it´s going to be good. Now I wouldn´t have false expectations and wouldn´t end up disappointed.
(No, really, I am just a little bit shorter than their shortest model - their clothes would probably fit me perfectly :D.) Their page also carries many coordinates.

And if you are a hat person, they won´t let you down. I think hats are seriously underrated by the majority. Not just berets, those are pretty common, but cloches, straw hats, etc. At least bucket hats are having their moment right now. 


But their clothes aren´t just for ladies. I probably made it look like they make dresses just for tea parties and cricket. Their clothes can easily be styled in a more youthful way. I know stating that something is youthful makes it even older, but please, trust me.



I think that I will have to get more clothes from them, because they seem like great opinion for career. I can imagine myself attending... ehh... meetings? Or any other stuff film producent/writers do. I like they can be both casual and dressy, depending on the context and stylisation. 
So have a nice day, bye!

Comments