My Chemical Romance, Prague, 2022

 If this was the best night of my life, I am either very happy or a bit sad, as it was amazing, but now it´s over.
Wow, don´t I sound intelligent? Well, I will try my best to write something better, but I warn you. I am still too excited to actually think. 

Not actually concert, just what led to it part:
It all started back in like... 2015? 2016? I really wanted to be emo, and every place cited MCR as the biggest sad-but-cool-teen hotspot. My English was even worse than it´s now and in no way could I actually read something about the band, for example, that they don´t see themself as an emo band, so I just listened and watched their videos. It was so interesting, full of energy and somehow, it made me feel better as a weird kid. I was heavily into punk at the time and Sex Pistols never made me feel like MCR did.
Then I moved on. 
David Bowie, Oasis, even more Sex Pistols, just a lot of British guys.
But still, every time they played at radio, or their clips ran at TV, I felt it. 

I and Kamča worked at the biggest shithole last summer, let me tell you, and one of the things we did to not die here was planning things that we will do with our money. Buying those tickets was one of them, and it surprised me to hear that the band is together again. 
Almost a year went by, and new song was released. I was at the internship, but I couldn't wait, so I played it anyway. It hyped me so much!

At this time I started to pick an outfit, as I am a bit shallow. It took me like a month to pick one, but I was happy with it, so I ended up being in a pink-red combo, with a denim mini-skirt. I have red hair right now, end two months ago I started cutting them like Party Poison, so I did not have to reach too high to feel thematic. I also borrowed a red tie. 
Kamča looked even more in place, as she sew herself Party Poison mask. That was pretty cool.

After picking outfits, we had to get to Prague. It sounds easy, but with Czech integrated transportation, nothing is easy. At all. So we stucked at some place that I can´t even name. There was a house and some brook, but that´s it. At least we could do make up.
Then underground station we were supposed to go through had some problem, so we had to run to Můstek. From Main Station it´s not too far, but we got lost. None of us is a pigeon, sadly. 
At this time, it was 16:27, we were supossed to be here by 15:40 and we thought that we are late to O2 arena. We had another problem at hotel reception, but I was not stressed. I just tried to not say anything positive, because up to this moment, every time something positive left my mouth, shit started to happen. 
Happily, we got to our room, and then to O2 arena. We had to run a lot, but it reminded me of Danger Days, so I was happy. We played Yellow Car, but with MCR fans. The closer we got, the easier it was, so we switched to Yellow Truck, which meant über fan.


And now, the actual concert part. 
After we got in, Kamča wanted to buy a T-shirt. They had some cool stuff, so I bought shirt too, even though the prices scared us both. We nervously laughed about them, but it´s strangely freeing to spend most money on something you do not really need. We both have the Bravo one. (Bravo used to be teen magazine, I miss those things.)
Other fans were great too, I loved all those outfits, and they were nice. One asked me if Kamča is my friend, maybe she wanted her number, and one stopped us, said "Party Poison" while pointing at mask, and then hapilly left us behind. It was cool, I felt like a part of the community again. This was the best part of Animefest, you did not knew any of other people, but you still wanted to be one of them.
Then we met with her friend and her friend, couple of cool girls, got overpriced drinks and waited. 
Originally, we had places at standing, but then the concert moved from Sinoba to O2, so we ended up at highest floor. I did not see a lot of things, but I heard everything. By the end of the night, I was almost deaf. 
Manon Meurt were strange choice. They are great, but not something I would listen to, and their atmosphere was strangely different from anything that came after them. It was nice to see Czech band, but honestly, maybe I would choose something different. But what? Mirai? That´s right, we don´t have much to work with. 
After them and after pause, Eclipse started. I loved them! Of course, they always reminded me of someone (mostly Twisted Sister mixed with my beloved Die Ärtze), but I liked their energy. It woke up the audience. They looked like they enjoyed playing too, at least I think. I don´t get to concerts very often.

And then, another pause. Audience could hardly breath, everything made us cheer. My group was joking about fact that every time something moved people lost their shit, but it was fun. I never felt so happy. Even before they started, my hands already hurted, but I don´t think my clapping really did something, as I had my gloves on. 
We waited, and cheered, and again and again, and then they came. I don´t remember a lot from these first minutes, but it was awesome. They started with The Foundations of Decay, and continued with I´m Not Okay. Everyone singed, or yelled, I definitelly yelled from top of my lungs. This is my favorite song, which may not be a hot take, but I remember listening to it as a tween.
Audio was funky at first, but at got better. Still, I did not understand a lot of words, which was not because of my poor English this time. Hapilly, Kamča sang next to me, so I could listen to her. 
Few seats before me were empty, so I could just jump down to have better view, which I did a few times, but it wasn´t so much fun without a friend by my side. 
It was highly spiritual experience, just watching band, singing when I remembered lyrics, and knowing that this brought together all of us. Surprisingly, there were many empty seats, but the crowd was still big enough.  
I have to jump through songs, because if I had to talk about each one, this would be a novel. I love Ghost of You, which before the biggest song of them all, Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na). I think that this had the biggest participation, maybe because of its "easy" lyrics. Or because it´s fucking gold, this song can awake anyone from death. 
This whole time, I had no idea what going on, my friends didn´t either, but it was the best. There was dramatic drinking of water, I think, with red lights and everything. It was almost funny. 
I don´t have to tell you what happened when Welcome to the Black Parade started, it basically sliced me through, like Wolverine with his claws. 
All of the songs were faster than on record and it was fun. You can imagine Teenagers, I think it was one of the songs that made audience wilder than ever before. And even before, it was wild. 
It hurts me how little I can describe with words. 
I have never seen something like this. I could sit here for hours, and hours, and hours, even though my stomach started to hurt. This happens when you eat two toasts in a day.
Even after there were great songs, but I have a harder time remembering them, but I do remember the atmosphere. It felt weird to hapilly cheer through Mama or Helena. I crocheted a rat and wanted to throw it at a band, it always looks like a fun, but I got C from PE, so you can imagine how it went. I hope Christoph has a nice owner now.
Next time, I will pay for better place. This was probably best night of my life, partly because all the fans that came and made me feel like part of a group. I think this is big part of their appeal, or was back in the day - weird kids got their weird music, that felt really designed for them. And as one of them, I must enjoy it, it´s like a law. 
And that´s just because of a group of guys that have no reason to be so cool as they are. Really, I tried to find out why they are so great individually, but they just are. 
So yeah. 
After The Kids From Yesterday show ended, and we all went home. In giant group. Imagine being normal dude going from work and suddenly, all those punks and goths jump in. There was so many of us that we didn´t even fit into tube, so we had to wait. 

Fun fact before I will start with my life again - on one photo from Instagram it looks like Frank went to Lego Museum. Do you know who did some work for Lego Museum during internship?
Yes, a member of MCR have maybe seen my unpaid work. What is your biggest achievement?

Band was just great, I like Gerard´s voice when he is not singing. It´s strange. Kamča also told me that Mikey´s hair started to decline, but I did not notice that. Her only lament was that she could stand more I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love.

We decided to not go to sleep, instead we bough some cheap drink and played a drinking game. It did not go well, we did not drink a lot and most of the cocktail was left for the other day. We were too tired, and I felt like dying from hunger. Happily, I still had two toasts left. 
Next morning, when we missed our train, some girl wanted to make a photo of our shirts. She liked them at the concert, but did not buy them. 
So yes, maybe I have little to no money by now, but I do have a lot of memories, amazing piece of clothing, and something remarkable about my life.
And now I am writing this instead of writing advocacy for my final work.
I can´t wait for next time, even if it was in decades. 

So long and good night, I will have dinner. And I will probably play guitar, this made me want to start another band.

Comments