Lolita 52 Challenge; 14th week

  • I came home from plein air painting today (from Monday to the end of the week I sat at the nature and sketched neat things). I liked it very much, surprisingly, I even saw some new movies. For example, Brain Dead and Logan´s Run. Most of those flicks were funny, so I will have quotes for the rest of my life. (I kick arse for the Lord!)
  • ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
  •  What my own Lolita lifestyle is like
  • ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
  • I don´t get to do a lot of lifestyle things, at least in my opinion. 
    I don´t go to tea parties, even though I want to, and there is no special porcelain set in my ownership, so I can´t at least pretend to have one. But I am more of a coffee person, my favorite teas are black and iced tea. When it comes to coffee, I don´t want to drink it in my fancy dress, I almost always spill some of it. 
    I wouldn't mind piknik in lolita, in fact, it would be cool! I know exactly what I would wear - that Jane Marple replica with marmalade. 
    I don´t have a cute decor in my room, I share it with my sister, and chose cool one instead. That means we have posters and photos everywhere. But I would like to have some lacey details or more plushies. 
    Also, I don´t listen many Japanesse music anymore, I even stopped watching anime. 
    What do I do then? 

    When I wear some of my dresses or skirts, it´s usually super casual. I don´t go all big puff and OTT accessories, just something functional and cute. I wear lolita when stressed, or when I want to look captivating enough to gain something. For example, I wore Fairies to my finals advocacy. It went Costa Rica, but hey, I tried and everyone loved that outfit. 
    Sometimes I just want to look great for myself. That´s when I enjoy lolita most. 

    It goes in hand with self care. I start and end every day with skin routine, I try to care for my hair and eat well in order to stay healthy. I workout a lot, at least I try to, because it improves my mood. Are there some hormones in planking and pilates? Who knows, but it works.

    But the part where I do live the ultimate lolita live is hand work. I´m trying to sew, knit and crochet. I love crocheting, I started with amigurumi, and now I can do basically anything. I even crocheted and then wore a Magicarp hat. 
    I started party due to lolita, but it´s also a lot of fun. Sometimes I work with resin, other days I bead. I have been enjoying beading a lot lately. 
    Those simple DIYs are probably the best way to expand my wardrobe, one day, I dream of making my own hat.



    Comments

    Post a Comment