What is it like to live between the tourists

 I am tourist, and that´s not a lie. 
I came to Prague to my internship, not the theatre one, but a printing firm. It´s kinda fun, but really not something I intend to ever do. But I like my colleagues, so that´s great too. 
I live here with Bára, which got a real nice apartment between the Old Town Square and Václav Square. I love it here, we can ho straight to the roof and watch Hradčany, but one thing surprises me. 
My resting bitch face got worse. I am the type of person who smiles at the strangers, but there so many of them. So much, hoards and seas, that I can´t even get out of bus stop when walking home. So much that my usually not so long road to our flat takes me twice as much time. And the poor people begging for money, attracted by them, sometimes makes it even worse. I have no bad feeling for them, but they get me nervous, as sometimes, they are quite drunk.
Yes, I may not be the most sober person right now (I got some homemade Cuba Libre from yesterday), but at least, I don´t yell at random people. 
Honestly, in order to just get home, I don´t even look around anymore. My glance goes straight before me, my face is unchanged by any emotion, a I pass beautiful buildings hoping to get away from them. I still love the look at them, but I don´t have time to take a second look, as I would probably get in some other person´s way. 
But that´s the only issue I have here. Oh, and that funky accent Prague people tend to have. I never thought it´s so bad, but it is exactly that bad :D. 
So, yeah. I have more empathy for people who actually live here, not just sleep there for few weeks. On the other side, I still consider this the best spot. The view is magnificent, you can always find an action or party, and with Bára, we spend a lot of time at museums, galleries, etc. 

By the end, this is just a few feelings and something to show you that I am still well alive. 


Also, finally somebody wants to watch my movies and even likes them :D. Which is cool.

Comments