What did I do at a print firm

 As a student, you need to have an internship, otherwise they won´t let you do maturita (finals). So I found myself an internship at theatre. Sadly, school didn´t like that idea and honestly yes, I don´t think it have a lot to do with graphics. So I found another at Hollar, but after everything, two weeks before starting it, they wrote me that they don´t have time right now. 
So I ended up at last place that still took students, and honestly, I can´t say what I did. 
It´s not like it was some conspiracy, I just did everything, and nothing at the same time. I fucked up a lot of things, to be honest, but at the same time, I didn´t have a lot of to work with. 
By the end, when I had to make a presentation about my work here, I was completely lost, because there was no such thing as "my" work. I helped where I had to, but did nothing creative. 
And this is what they did, too. Nothing creative is how I would describe work at a print firm. It´s not boring, but definitely unfullfilling. 
But, by the end of the day, it´s still work. 
I cut paper, picked up bigger prints at another firm, choose colour for greeting cards, did some work at Illustrator and InDesign, and it all cemented the fact that I am (hopefully) not going to work at the field I study. 


See you soon and have a nice week.

Comments