Lolita 52 Challenge: 11th week

I have a lot of interests that directly or indirectly have something to do with Ostrava and history, and one of them is architecture. I love amazing buildings and I want to cry from brutalism and functionalism, so here you have some places that have great atmosphere.

  1. ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
  2.  Best places to wear lolita
  3. ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

1. Vítkovice
I will start in this industry kingdom, because it is splendidly unique. It goes well not only with steampunk, but even with other styles as contrast, because lolita is everything, just not plain, straight and functional. 
And my grampa worked here, which is a nice family bonus :D.
Now you can find here ateliers, a gallery and a few cafeterias, and even concerts and festivals are placed there. 


2. Versailles
I know, how revolutionary, but I couln´t leave this out. If you want super classic photo from the Hall of Mirrors, sweet from french park, or rather a picture of fountain of frog-people, carps and turtles (stone ones), then this is a place for you. Of course, only if you incidentally have a trip through France, which is going to be minority. 


3. Sainte Chapelle in Paris
Oh yeah, my favorite building from my favorite style. (France wise.) Exterior might look simpler than some other chapelles, but this is what makes this one so marvelous and timeless. Nobody tried to save on interior, so inside looks just as busy, and there is no better place to breath history.
(Well, actually, yes, there is Köln am Rhein, but history of middle Europe makes me somehow sad.)
Stained glass dresses and skirts will never look better than in home of those colourful windows, but that can be say about entire gothic style. In fact, I would go to any gothic site in lolita and I would be really pleased.


4. Kuks
Baroque pearl (pun) of our beautiful country is great trip in both hiking boots and tea parties. It has kinda funny history, it is thermal spa without any healthy water, because count Špork wanted to make some money on this. 
In addition, famous statues of virtues and indulgences by Matyáš Braun are located here, which means a lot of music for very little money. 


5. Any theater
Of course, I would be unable to leave you without the cultural segment. At historical pieces, or at avantgard ones, egl would really pop out. I would even go as far and suggest midnight projection of Rocky Horror Picture Show, but we don´t do this at my country, so I will leave it here.

See you next week, this time for real! 

Comments