Lolita 52 Challenge; 9th week

Welcome to my show, it´s called I am unable to keep posting to this challenge. But I think about it a lot, so hapilly, I managed to come up with something during last week.

  1. ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
  2.  Predict the next Lolita trend!
  3. ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
With the rise of old school, while still keeping OTT sweet and a whole bunch of other trends, it will be no surprise of head wear will become bigger, almost ridiculously giant. Headdresses are back in, but not just them, I think we will see a lot more hats. 
A lot of people wants to wear lolita every day, or at least in a way it looks like a everyday outfit, while still keeping a flamboyant aura. Also, summer is coming, and even if we start wearing lighter clothing, risk of sunburn is still there. 



You see, this hat is nothing like anything I have seen anywhere, yet it just works. (Also, I love this dress, I would take it out the picture and run away if it was possible. This is how much I adore this look ( ˘⌣˘)♡(˘⌣˘  ).) A lot more resources and patterns are getting uploaded everyday so I wouldn´t be surprised if hats were made specially to match some pieces. 
I want to do this too, as soon as I will get some cute fabric. I hope I will be able to post about this :D.

For long amount of time, headdresses were seen as an ita staple, which I get. I remember the cheap rectangles with low-quality lace being all over my Aliexpress page. I have no idea why, they somehow vanished and I see a lot more good-looking ones. They are also not small, but are getting bigger. Just as in the old magazines. I like this trend a lot, I also want to sew my one. The only problem this time is my laziness xD. And also the fact that I crochet a cardigan now and I know that if I take a break, I will never finish it.


What about bonnets? 
I have no idea. I don´t think I have to predict rise of them being worn, as they are pretty popular right now.
What I know is that I haven´t seen a tiny top hats for some time and it makes me very happy. They remind me of Onceler, even though his hat was normal size.


Today, I used the old scans from Pinterest. It´s my favorite source as I know I will find really interesting outfits, that also have some spirit to them. It´s reason why I don´t want to choose too many coord pictures from brand webs. (Both indie and the big ones.)

Also, big hats remind me of Rococo and Edwardian era, which are two eras that lolita draws a lot from.

So, have a nice week! Bye!

Comments