Lolita 52 Challenge; 10th week

Fine, after having enough time to write about my last job, I can add another answer to this challenge. This is rarther easy question, so prepare for:

  1. ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
  2.  Most versatile Lolita item I own
  3. ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
I like mixing my lolita wardrobe with the "normal" one, so I am more than happy to buy new shoes. It´s easier to fit them into my everyday outfits, even though I enjoy it with shirts too. They can add spark to any outfit, and add that few centimeters so I will be able to see eye to eye, instead of eye to nose. (I have seen some terrrible things.) 
And, the most sparkly, flashy, and the highest shoes I own (except for Barbie sneakers) are wine RHS from Aliexpress/Bodyline.


Here they are, with the most natural pose I have been able to do at the time. I hope I got better at taking pictures :D. 

I can wear them with possibly everything in my lolita closet, (excluding Fairies OP), and surprising amount of thing in the civil one too. Have had them with:

Black skirt from Sinsay (lot of ruffles)
Tartan skirt from mom (red and black - my go-to punk skirt)
Black bodycon dress from Sinsay
Tight black skirt from my sister 
Long greyish skirt from Sinsay
Black PVC skirt
... list goes on, I don´t want to torture you with it. I have suprising amount of black things, considering most people remember me as a shockwave of colours :D Also, Sinsay is my go-to place when I feel down. It goes againist anything I learned as a young punk, but it makes me feel slighly better, so why not?

Also, those shoes are almost universally liked and remembered. Even guys (used as gender-neutral term) I don´t hang out so much know about them and are interested in them, they even ask questions. A lot of people ask me how I can walk in them, if they are comfortable, etc., and it´s sweet to see. 
Also, another interesting thing, those platforms fascinates a lot of my teachers :D. At least three of them asked, separatelly, what material is it from or if it is wooden. I feel like we have best teachers at our school, they always seems genuinely interested in us. I shouldn´t feel so surprised, but most of them are very cool and the best part of our school. I will miss them after graduating.

Which leads us to another topic. Are they comfortable?
For standing and a bit of walking around, yes. But if you try walking longer distance in the outside, or the material of the floor changes, or if you try to climb the stairs, it´ not very practical. 
Those shoes aren´t good for romantic, long walks in the hills, but most lolitas don´t seem to do such a thing very often, so that won´t be any problem :D.
You really had to use a lot of confidence, instead of balance, but once you have it, then I would recommend them to anyone. In fact, if I will land upon another job, I will buy another pair. 
Have a nice week! 
 

Comments