Holidaying

 I will write two challenge articles this week, in exchange for one wasted week before. We have holidays now and while I enjoy it, I wish my home-friends could be with me. They are another region, so they will have free time next week. 

It´s strange. I like my home group as much as I like the one from school, even though they are completely different. Here, in Karviná, I have Petra, my twin Denda, and her best friend Aďa. We share past and hatred for our former friend´s boyfriend. And back in Ostrava, which is more like home to me, even though I don't even have a bed there, the list of things I have common with my group would be too long to even list. 
Still, if I had to choose a batch to a remote island, I wouldn´t be sure. Well, my Ostrava friends would win at the end, but only because there are more of them in case we ate all of our food and we had to make some sacrifices. 

I am in high school, but in Czech Republic, it´s different. You actually choose your school, then write tests or other type of entrance (like me, I did "talentovky", aka "talent exams), and then hope you will be choosed. So kind of like college for US or UK. If you don´t go somewhere just because "they take everyone", you can even end up studying on the other side of country at the age of 15. 
I would love to hear if other countries have this or even totally different type of secondary education.

Me, trying to form a sentence in English

Last three days were quite relaxing. On weekend, Petra came to our apartment to dye her hair. She is naturally a lighter brunette, but she likes blond more. The first time, it was in hands of my sister and it took three days to make it look good. This time, it was only two-day process. She is getting better, in fact, she should have her own salon. She is the real hairdresser of our family :D. 

Today, it is more stressfull. It started with hospital. I have problems with cholesterol, for no apparent reason, so my new doctor took it as a challenge to find an actual answer. I mean, I am young, healthy, rather muscular, and thanks to my mom, I don´t eat junk food. Still, since 16, I visited many doctors without getting any new information about my actual condition. No one in our family had this problem before getting old. (Age of 65 is lower border for this diagnose in our family. Once again, I was 16 when first diagnosed.)
Doctors just scare me (outside of dentists) and I get really stressed from them. I wonder if this stress doesn´t contribute to my results, haha. 
 Tomorrow, I will know more. For the first time, I will visit an endocrinologist without my mom. I really do feel like an adult now. 

We were supposed to go on a trip to Krakow today, with my friends from school, but we weren´t able to get any cheap train tickets, so we are going to visit Olomouc on Thursday instead. It´s better this way, nurse took rather bigger amount of blood from me and I don´t feel well enough to wander through another country. 
Olomouc is lovely, with its historical center and cozy atmosphere. First Czech lolita store, Porcelain Doll, was located here. 

Those are my plans. Outside of them, I will watch movies, work out, and probably start working on university entrance tasks. 
I know. I have one year till the entrance, but for me, it´s only one year.


Bye!

Comments