Lolita 52 Challenge: 6th Week

 This weekend was really crazy. Believe it or not, I was so busy I did not even think about his challenge. I have seen all my relatives, made some money and spent them at Friday, but it was cool. I went out with my lolita friend. I really wish we will start seeing each other more. 

  1. ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
  2.    Combining other fashions with Lolita   
  3. ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
As a beginner, even if I actually combined lolita with other styles, I wouldn´t share it yet. However, I think it´s grately combinable with historical fashion.
I won´t predent I am expert at this field, but I am surely one hell of an enthusiast :D. I will be happy to use this theme for showing my love for this subject.

It doesn´t start with Rococo, unlike of the cult classic Kamikaze Girls, but with antic Greece. Not so long ago, I came across toga-dress, which I don´t feel anything about, so I will just share it as a curiosity.
This coord is amazingly elizabethan, thanks to the big ruffle behind her neck. (At least I hope it´s called ruffle.) Also the white/ivory colour of the dress, which is one of the staples of the virgin queen, and details, typical for this area and era of Barocco.  

I really wish I knew auhor or model, but I couln´t find anything. I will be happy if you will send me any link.


 Later, in the 1580s, protestant Dutch Republic was estabilshed. Unlike England, and to some extent other countries, modesty was the new black here. Also black was the new black, as we can see at pictures. Dark and simple, modest clothing was something everyone could afford and it was wore with trying to show that everyone is equal. Of course, your class was still visible thanks to quality of material. And not everyone actually did this. 
If you want to know more about this era, you can check Rembrandt van Rijn. He is one of my most beloved artists!
His works are from 1620s to 1660s.

Source

Giant collars and ruffles were a thing at the time, and I like how it compliments gothic lolita. 

And here comes Rococo!

Source

Dress probably inspired by Boucher´s famous work. Lolita has always linked itself to Rococo. People wanted to have fun times and to experience something while they were still at Earth, at least the rich ones. And this is what lolita is about. 
Also, of course, they share the same aesthetics.  It´s strange how it´s easy to point it out when they have very different silhouettes. Lolita is round and puffy to all sides, while Rococo mainly in the hips.

Source

I like seeing hats in lolita, especially big and decorated ones. They look good with big hair, in my option.
Now I think about it, it reminds me of gyaru :D. 

Source

One day I would like to get a true Rococo-styled OP with frilled sleeves, like Princess Rococo OP or Mille-feuille Royal pour la Princesse OP.
Notice how much Princess is mentioned here. Hime feels like OTT for people who prefer classic style. I really like it in Miuko´s version. 

Empire brought us empire waist. It doesn´t suit me, but you are free to enjoy it!

 I don´t know. When it comes to architecture, most of the 19th century is very dull to me. I prefer gothic and baroque to it, and it is same when it comes to clothing. I have nothing to say, but I would feel like a monster if I didn´t mention the popularity of bonnets.

What I admire is Edwardian and Belle Epoque fashion. I feel like Innocent World has some new releases with this vibe. It´s cool how many Mucha prints were released.

From IW online shop

Now I will just skip four decades and show you glamorous 1950s. I already wrote about New Look, but there is also this general idea that I prefer in lolita, because I like it so much. It so optimistic and overall happy. Outside of Soviet union. And most of other countries.
It makes me want to live in Grease :D.

                                                     

I have seen experimenting with other decades of the 20th century, but this is my favorite. 

Thanks for reading and don´t be shy to point out any mistakes! Bye! 

Comments