Lolita 52 Challenge; 3rd Week

  1. ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
  2.   Something that's not my style, but I love anyways
  3. ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Gothic
I like looking at classic goth, from 90s Moitie to the modern cyberpunk take. Sadly, I wouldn´t feel good in it, black makes me look dead and and I don´t have the feeling that I would use do many black clothing. 
On the other hand, I admire the subtlety and elegance needed for making a good coord. I know that many other colours are used in gothic, but black is dominant and I feel like someone who works with colors a lot, I would never make that right.

Home

OTT Sweet
Another extreme is litterally eye candy, making all sorts of prints look really great. Sometimes it even looks a bit too costumey for daily wearing in my option. How can somebody be surprised for being mistaken with costume, when they wear giant plushie on their head? 
I can´t really imagine going out in OTT, it feels bit unpractical even for meet ups, but when somebody knows how to make it justice, then I love it I can look at it for hours straight.

Home
Giant petticoat
When I tried wearing lolita for the first time, my skirt had really big poof. I did not like it, and after thinking about it, I realised it´s because of the big bulk. (Is this how you use bulk in English?) I prefer smaller old school silhoutte, but that doesn´t mean I don´t fancy it on other people.

Outside of lolita, I like civilian fashion a lot, I spend a lot of time choosing outfit every day, and I like following trends, but there still some things that I would never do. I don´t have to, I know I will look terrible in them and I don´t feel like lowering my self-esteem this way :D.
This is the main reason I would stay far away from swinging 20s, it would make me look catasrophical :D.

Low Waist (Silhouette, not pants), 1920s a 1960s
In the 20s and 60s, it was fashionable to have the lowest waist possible. In the first case there was practically none, so everyone with some curves looked boxy, and in the second one dresses could outline body, but belt was still around hips. None of above looks good on me, so I can only watch it. 
Something that I can´t watch are low waist jeans. It is good for people who can make it justice, but if it became the new normal (instead of high waist), I´d change planet.

Home

It took me a long time to realise that just because something doesn´t suit me doesn´t mean it´s not good for someone else. Nobody should take fashion personally, this is why I find "Is it outfit, or is she just skinny?" rather boring.
We all should learn how to work with what we have, instead of shitting on on other people.

And let´s finish with something technically impossible;

Winged eyeliner 
Hopefully, a day I will learn how to do them will come, buy for now, I will stick to the classic. My dear friend Stáza wears them a lot and she rocks them.

So now just


Comments