Lolita 52 Challenge; 2nd Week

Second question is really interesting for me, so let´s get into it.
  1. ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
  2. My favorite brand 
  3. ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
One of my first posts on the czech blog is about prints from brand Metamorphose temps de fille, which is something like Elton John of big brands for me. No matter what it tries to say, it says it in eccentric way, that may look kitschy, almost weird, for someone. 
For example, here you have Heart Leopard series from 2008, which laughed in face of no-animal-prints rule in lolita. OP and JSK are the second dresses ever with this damned motive, before them was only Bodyline in 2003. That probably wasn´t a success, since I was unable to find any photos.

Personally, I love animal prints, but my dream wardrobe (and blog) are named The house of Kitsch, so I wouldn´t take that granted.


Lolibrary

Next photos are from Lolita History web, which I wholeheartedly reccomend. As a newbie I learned a lot there and I think that even frill experts can learn something new here :D.



Old school Meta is something that I aim at right now. I falling more and more for it every day. Even the fact that prints stopped to be so important for me is only because of this brand. Maybe it´s less outlandish, but it has this punk bit.
It might look like a costume, and? You don´t care. You know why you wear it and nobody can make you feel weird for it.
Meta used to make a lot of gobelins,  which is another personal plus. When I think about it, there is nothing that don´t like about rheir old pieces.

But even the new things are great. I enjoy their still life (is it really a word?) (Dim Light, Wizard´s Herbology, Patissier in the Forest), celopotisky (Gardening Teddy, Camellia series) and new ideas. Bunnies with apples?? Does it sound great? It is!


Lolibrary

Story-wise I like it, when the story ends where it began. I have seen Big Lebowski yesterday, so maybe I am still under influence, and that´s why I will end with an ode about old school boom. Meta really took this opportunity to another level and released some new series featuring this trend. 
Tartan, classical floral gobelins, even some colors - it reflects past of the brand, which even today, in the world od Aliexpress and chinesse brands (thank god, they make lolita accesible for more people) it´s unquestionable place. Want some prediction? Meta and BtSSB will replace APs OTT sweet with their old school.
(This sounded way too confident, but when it won´t happen, at least we can laugh.)

Outside of Meta, I like MILK, which seems little bit simillar to me, but it´s more versatile. They have more extravagant pieces, but also things I wouldn´t mind wearing while visiting my grandma. Additionally it´s one of the oldest brands, and I have to respect that history.


I like lolita and gyaru, because it takes my attention away from real problems. How am I supposed to stress about applying to my dream school this November, when I have unique dress before me for half it´s price? Effort given into not spending all my money is stronger, than fear from academic (and carieer) failure. 

Talking about Big Lebowski, do you know its cinematographer? It is Roger Deakins, court aestet of Coen brothers, but also absolute legend in his field. Movies like a Skyfall, No Country for Old Men or 1917 - all of them are his works. Even Blade Runner 2049 is watchable only because of him, in my opinion. 
Official definition is director of photography, but I think Roger is more than that. Do you know what I want more than Gardening Teddy JSK? Collaboration of Roger Deakins and Wes Anderson. 

Comments